Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Domestic servants - a fairy tale by Grimm Brothers

Read "Domestic servants" fairy tales for kids. My Household, is a short bedtime Story by the Grimm Brothers about a woman who goes to Walpe and is asked by someone where he is going. When the woman says where he is going, the woman who asks him says that he is also going to Walpe.

"Domestic servants"
or My Household
a fairy tale by Grimm Brothers


“Whither goest thou?” “To Walpe.” “I to Walpe, thou to Walpe, so, so, together we’ll go.”

“Hast thou a man? What is his name?” “Cham.” “My man Cham, thy man Cham; I to Walpe, thou to Walpe; so, so, together we’ll go.” “Hast thou a child; how is he styled?” “Wild.” “My child Wild, thy child Wild; my man Cham, thy man Cham; I to Walpe, thou to Walpe, so, so, together we’ll go.” “Hast thou a cradle? How callest thou thy cradle?” “Hippodadle.” “My cradle Hippodadle, my child Wild, thy child Wild, my man Cham, thy man Cham; I to Walpe, thou to Walpe, so, so, together we’ll go.”

“Hast thou also a drudge? what name has thy drudge?” “From-thy-work-do-not-budge.” “My drudge, From-thy-work-do-not-budge: my child Wild, thy child Wild; my man Cham, thy man Cham; I to Walpe, thou to Walpe; so, so, together we’ll go.”

The End

Post a Comment

0 Comments